RIA Services Contrib status

Coordinator
Jan 28, 2011 at 11:18 PM

EntityGraph looks like it is doing well, a new T4 template has been added, and I just checked in the main extensions changes.

Before the next full release I want to get unit tests added to the project. Once those are in and we pass all of the tests then I will release a new version.

Following that, I want to start integrating EntityGraph into the main solution. One thing we need to decide is if they should go ahead and be in the same dll together. We need to check the dll sizes and see how much overhead there is.

Developer
Jan 29, 2011 at 9:31 AM
Edited Jan 29, 2011 at 9:34 AM

Colin, EntityGraph includes already more than 60 unit tests. Actually, a lot of its functionality is demonstrated in the different unit tests.

When integrating EntityGraph in the main solution, we need to take into account that only part of EntityGraph is RIA-sepecific. The concept itself is independent of RIA. At the moment, I'm not sure myself how we could best structure it.

In general, restructuring contrib would be a good thing to do, because it now already contains so many different things.

BTW, are your changes still RIAv1 compliant?